On Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2020, the 18 Smart-E Loan “Top Performers” of 2019 were honored at the Connecticut Green Bank in Rocky Hill. These 18 contractors are headquartered and serve customers across the state, from New Milford to North Stonington and South Windsor to Stratford, and include HVAC, home performance and solar-focused companies. In 2019, the Top Performers helped over 300 Connecticut families make home energy improvements – allowing them to save money, reduce their carbon footprint, and live more comfortably in their homes.
In partnership with nine participating local lenders, the Top Performers’ projects equaled $4.1 million in closed Smart-E Loans. Financed projects include insulation and window upgrades, solar, high efficiency heating and cooling solutions, and more; all helping the state of Connecticut work towards meeting its climate change plan, which focuses on three mitigation wedges: decarbonizing electricity generation, decarbonizing transportation, and decarbonizing buildings.
Out of more than 400 contractors who participate in the program, the Smart-E Loan Top Performers were chosen based on criteria including more than just closed loans (though each had many!). The contractors scheduled in-person Smart-E training for their staff, used Smart-E marketing materials, developed partnerships with Smart-E lenders, and avoided inspection issues. These 18 contractors embraced the Smart-E Loan in 2019, utilizing the flexibility of the product to best serve their customers across the state.
The 2019 Top Performers (in alphabetical order)
- Absolute Air Services LLC (Middletown)
- Aegis Solar Energy (Branford)
- Air Inc (Branford)
- Benvenuti Oil (Waterford)
- Campbell Cooling LLC (Newington)
- Ductworks HVAC Services (Southington)
- Duncklee Inc (Stonington)
- EcoSmart Home Services (Berlin)
- Glasco Heating & Air Conditioning Inc (South Windsor)
- HARP Home Services LLC (Windsor Locks)
- Home Comfort Heating and Cooling Solutions, LLC (East Haven)
- Home Comfort Practice (Stratford)
- Link Mechanical Services Inc (New Britain)
- Nutmeg Mechanical Services Inc (Manchester)
- R&W Heating Energy Solutions LLC (Salem)
- Ryan F. Murphy Heating & Cooling LLC (New Milford)
- SolvIt Home Services (Plainville)
- Viglione Heating & Cooling Inc. (East Haven)