The Daughters of Mary of the Immaculate Conception have added solar arrays at their New Britain property through an investment of $2.8 million. The Daughters will benefit from $1.3 million of energy savings over the next 20 years, and this savings will help them continue to provide tremendous service to domestic abuse victims as well as affordable senior housing and day care services for children and the elderly. Bryan Garcia, President and CEO of the Green Bank, spoke at the ribbon cutting ceremony, and was presented a plaque by Mother Jennifer, superior general of the Daughters of Mary, for the Green Bank’s role in this project.
Facts about this solar installation:
- A total of 3,668 solar panels were installed in three fields.
- The Green Bank, Eversource Energy and Ecosolar worked together to bring this project to completion.
- Panels were installed with five and seven foot screws, drilled into the ground to withstand winds over 110 MPH.
- Installation is projected to produce more than 1.4 million kWh’s annually.
- St. Lucian’s Residence, Prudence Crandall and Monsignor Bojnowski Manor went online in July 2017.
- Hospital for Special Care Education and Research Center and Marian Heights went online in November 2017.
- As of early January 2018, more than 275,000 kWh’s have been produced, saving more than $50,000 for the Daughters of Mary.