Rocky Hill, CT (March 2, 2017) – The Connecticut Green Bank announced the winners of the 2016 PACEsetter Awards during a ceremony today at the Energize Connecticut Center in North Haven. The award winners are the driving force behind the success of the Green Bank’s Commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy (C-PACE) program. This is the second annual PACEsetter Awards ceremony.
The Connecticut Green Bank created the PACEsetter Awards to acknowledge contractors, building owners and other stakeholders who are advancing the green energy movement through C-PACE, and who’s leadership establishes a ‘pace’ for others in their field to follow.
C-PACE is an innovative program, administered by the Green Bank, which helps commercial and industrial property owners access affordable, long-term financing for meaningful energy upgrades to their buildings. C-PACE enables building owners to finance qualifying energy efficiency and renewable energy improvements through a voluntary assessment on their property tax bill. As the program grows, more Connecticut businesses achieve lower energy costs and increase their bottom-line.
The Green Bank acknowledged contractors, building owners and other stakeholders across multiple categories:
- Top Performer, 2016
- Green Earth Energy, a C-PACE contractor based in East Windsor who closed 13 C-PACE projects in 2016, the most of any contractor in the program
- Best Newcomer, 2016
- Beacon Mechanical Service, a C-PACE contractor based in Granby who closed their first C-PACE project in 2016 and utilized technical assistance that Green Bank offers to new contractors
- Outstanding Project, 2016
- Ross Solar Group of Danbury & Defeo Manufacturing for their C-PACE project at Defeo Manufacturing’s Brookfield facility – the 64.7 kW rooftop solar system and roof replacement was the first C-PACE project to close through the Green Bank’s Energy on the Line program
- Energy Resources of Thomaston & HARC for their comprehensive energy efficiency and solar C-PACE project at HARC’s Hartford facility
- Accelerating PACE, 2016:
- Donna Pellitteri, Tax Collector for the Town of Trumbull, who has been a leader in her municipality’s participation in C-PACE
- Jeff Bishop of the Bridgeport Regional Business Council, who has been a driving force in using C-PACE for economic development in the Bridgeport region.
- Ralph Coppola, owner of Northeast Quality Services in Cromwell, which used C-PACE to complete a comprehensive energy efficiency project that included HVAC, lighting and air sealing, has advocated for C-PACE and communicated the benefits to fellow property owners
“The strength of our contractor network, leadership from building owners, and the countless individuals advocating for C-PACE is what has made this program a success,” said Mackey Dykes, Vice President of Commercial and Industrial Programs at Connecticut Green Bank. “The Connecticut Green Bank is very pleased to recognize these PACEsetters, whose efforts continue to strengthen the C-PACE program. Their hard work means more Connecticut businesses are using more green energy and reducing their energy costs. We look forward to continuing to work with them and others to accelerate the green energy movement with C-PACE.”
About the Connecticut Green Bank
The Connecticut Green Bank was established by the Connecticut General Assembly on July 1, 2011 as a part of Public Act 11-80. As the nation’s first full-scale green bank, it is leading the clean energy finance movement by leveraging public and private funds to scale-up renewable energy deployment and energy efficiency projects across Connecticut. The Green Bank’s success in accelerating private investment in clean energy is helping Connecticut create jobs, increase economic prosperity, promote energy security and address climate change. For more information about the Connecticut Green Bank, please visit www.ctgreenbank.com.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For More Information, Contact:
For More Information, Contact: